- Community Sponsorships are awarded directly to the nonprofit organizations working to improve the communities where Holman employees and customers live and work; specifically, these organizations MUST impact the counties in which Holman is in business.
- Sponsorships are no more than $10,000 in size, and are awarded monthly to allow Holman to be responsive to the timelines of specific programs and events.
- Special consideration is given to programs that support low-to-moderate-income individuals, by delivering services or education that improves their quality of life and provides opportunities for advancement.
- Funding requests are accepted at any time and are reviewed once a month. Please apply a minimum of six weeks before a commitment is required. Not leaving sufficient time for consideration limits the opportunity for support.
- More than one community group sponsorship can be awarded to an organization per calendar year; however, if renewed funding is desired, the organization must submit a new request.
- Holman now exists side by side with literally hundreds of schools. Accordingly, the number of charitable requests from elementary and secondary schools has grown so rapidly that there are more than we can handle fairly and consistently. As a result, we will no longer award sponsorships to school organizations unless they have a direct connection to a Holman employee.
- Holman can award sponsorships by ACH electronic transfer, reducing the time required to deposit funds. If you prefer this method, please click the “Download ACH Document” link in the right sidebar, complete the form, scan it, and attach it — along with a scanned, voided check — to your application where instructed.
- Holman does not award community group sponsorships to any organization that discriminates on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, family status, disability, or other characteristic protected by law.
Please Supply the Following Supporting Documents:
- A Form W-9 with your most recent taxpayer identification number
- The 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption letter of determination
- A sponsorship proposal detailing benefits that accompany different levels of sponsorship, if applicable
- A schedule of events that lists and describes the organization’s fundraising efforts for the year
- Optional: any additional document which may help to more fully describe the event or program for which you are seeking funding
Ensuring Your Application is Successfully Submitted
- You may save your work at any time by clicking the box at the end of the form labeled “Save my progress and resume later.” Before attempting to submit a completed application, we encourage you to save your work by clicking this box. You will be prompted to enter your email address; a specific link that enables you to re-access your application will be sent there. Next, click on “Save form and resume later”; the message “Your progress has been saved” will appear, along with the link sent to your email inbox. Copy this link for the next step. These steps automatically save to the database all work you have completed.
- Paste the copied link to your browser, or click the link you receive in your email. This will return you to your application.
- Be sure you have answered all required questions and uploaded all necessary documents; these are marked with red asterisks. You will be alerted if more information is needed, or if you need to adjust the format of your responses.
- After you click on the “Continue” button on the bottom of the application, you will be taken to a page that says at the top, “Continue, or Resume Later”. If you are ready to review your answers, click on the “Continue” button.
- After clicking on this, you will be taken to a page that allows you to inspect your answers to be sure they are what you intended. If they are, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of that page.
- You will be taken to a page that says: “Success! Your submission has been saved!” Unless you get this message, you have not successfully submitted your application.
Sponsorship Review Process
- Please be sure you have included all requested information and supporting documents. Incomplete applications cannot be considered for sponsorship funding.
- Applicants must submit the application form online. You will be able to upload your supporting documents with your application.
- If you have specific questions about the application or the application process in general, or are having any problems submitting the form, please email the Community Affairs team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Holman Community Committee meets on a monthly basis to consider funding requests. A notification email is sent to all applicants no later than one week following the committee meeting.